Gerard's Thoughts

Monday, February 27, 2006

Still waiting for my next phone

A few months ago, I wrote about my plans to upgrade my phone to a new Windows Mobile 5 one.

Well I still haven't bought anything as I decided to wait for the 3G version HTC Hermes.

Whatever phone I get will have to last a good couple of years, by which time I can see 3G being in more common use, so I thought it was probably best to wait. Some people have moaned about the processor in the Wizard being too slow, so the improved speed of the Hermes CPU was also a consideration.

Anyway, at the recent 3GSM conference, some more details about the Hermes have come out, and I still think this will be my next phone. Msmobiles is reporting that T-Mobile still expect to release it in May, and that it will also support HSDPA (the so called 3.5G) :)

PocketPCItalia has some more specs, along with some pictures (Google Translation). The only slight concern here is that the processor seems to have changed from a 400MHz XScale to a 300MHz Samsung one, but this is still faster than the Wizard one, so hopefully will perform OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home