Gerard's Thoughts

Monday, February 27, 2006

Office 2007

Yep, that's right, the next version of Microsoft Office (known as Office 12 until now) will imaginatively be called Office 2007 when its released later this year! :)

I wonder how much their marketing department gets paid to come up with these names??? :)

The details of the different packages available can be found on the Microsoft website here , along with their pricing information .

I am looking forward to the new version, as I am still using Office 2000 at the moment. I would probably look to get the main 4 applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, which is the Standard package, but the $399 price tag seems a bit steep!

This is especially true if you compare it to the 'Home and Student' version which replaces Outlook with OneNote, but goes for just $149. You could buy this and Outlook for $258 - just over half the price of the standard package, and including the extra OneNote program!!

To be honest I don't know what OneNote is or what it does (time for some searching I think :) ) but this seems the way to go to me, especially as Paul Thurrott says that this version includes a licence to install it on up to three different machines !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home