Gerard's Thoughts

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

MVPMC

I got a new TV for Christmas (a Philips 17PF4310 if you're interested) to go in the bedroom, and so have been looking around for a good Myth frontend to use with it.

I decided to buy a hauppauge MediaMVP as you can get it for less than £50, but by using the MVPMC software it provides access to LiveTV and recordings via my Myth backend.

So far I've been pretty impressed with the mvpmc software. Install was very easy (just a shame I've had to change my DHCP server from my router to the Linux box), and it was displaying my recordings almost pretty much straight away!

Now I've just got to upgrade the Wi-Fi card in my myth box (11b just isn't fast enough!), and sort out some time issues (the program times aren't appearing right on screen) and I'll be all set :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home