Gerard's Thoughts

Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Next Phone :)

I have had my P900 for getting on two years now, so I think its time to start looking around for a new one! :)

It seems to me that my next phone will probably be a windows mobile 5 based one. There just seems to be a lot of nice phones appearing with the new OS.

The new Sony Ericsson P series phone doesn't look much different to what I've got now, and in some ways I think it looks worse, so I don't think I'll be getting that! (so called 'spy' pictures here) admittedly, these pictures could well be fake, but what's the point in having a flip with keys on it covering another set of keys??

I was thinking about the Nokia N91 because of the 4GB hard drive, but I just don't like the look of it, and I'm not convinced I really need a big hard drive anyway!

In the windows space, HTC seem to be one of the main manufacturers, and I initially though about their 'Universal' phone. This seems to have everything you could want: 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi, VGA touch screen, QWERTY keyboard, etc. Some initial thoughts here and here.
I'm thinking however that its just a little too big! This is bigger than my (nowhere near small) current phone, and I didn't really want to get anything bigger than that.
The high anticipated price is also putting me off!

So now I'm thinking that the HTC Wizard will be my next phone. This offers a large touch screen with a slide-out qwerty keyboard, but is about the same size as my P900!

I think it looks rather nice :)

The only real thing it's missing is 3G support, but I don't have that currently and haven't missed it so probably not such a big thing.....

There is a review here (babelfish translation here), and a video showing it in operation here!

This phone can be preordered as the Qtek 9100 for just over £400 sim free from Smart Devices Direct. I hope that when it is released in a month or so the carrier subsidized prices will be lower so I can justify buying it easier! :)

Let me know your thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home