Gerard's Thoughts

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

SG:1 Alliance cancelled?

I think that Stargate SG:1 is one of the best things on TV, and so I had been quite looking forward to playing the associated computer game Stargate SG:1 Alliance.

However it now appears that this game might not come out at all, with the publishers (JoWood) saying
the title in its current form... does satisfy neither our quality requirements nor the fans expectations. We will not release anything that does not do justice to this well known license.
In recent months we have invested a lot of time and resources in helping Perception finish the development, but we now simply have lost confidence in their ability to finish this project in time and sufficient quality.

which doesn't sound good at all!! :(

They have now pulled the developers (Perception) of the project, which to me seems quite a drastic step for a game that's been in development for a while!

Oh well! I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer to get a Stargate themed game, especially given that legal proceedings were brought against a fan based HL2 mod to stop that in its tracks!

2 Comments:

  • I can confirm that Stargate is rubbish. I could quite believe that the developers, that were developing the game, successfully mimicked the series and someone has come to their senses and realised how poor Stargate and everything to do with it is.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 pm  

  • I'm afraid that you're just plain wrong :)

    Stargate is one of the best shows on TV, and considering that it is now in its 9th season, I think a lot of people agree with me! :)

    By Blogger Gezz, at 8:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home